Topic: Consumer products and accessories limited warranty
Motorola Limited Warranty
What Does this Warranty Cover?
Subject to the exclusions contained below, Motorola Mobility LLC warrants its mobile telephones (“Products”), Motorola-branded or certified accessories sold for use with these Products (“Accessories”), and Motorola software contained on CD-ROMs or other tangible media and sold for use with these Products (“Software”) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for the period(s) outlined below. This limited warranty is a consumer's exclusive remedy, and applies as follows to new Motorola Products, Accessories, and Software purchased by consumers, which are accompanied by this written warranty:
- Products and Accessories as defined above, unless otherwise provided for below. Length of Coverage: One (1) year from the date of purchase by the first consumer purchaser of the product unless otherwise provided for below.
- Decorative Accessories and Cases. Decorative covers, bezels, PhoneWrap™ covers and cases. Length of Coverage: Limited lifetime warranty for the lifetime of ownership by the first consumer purchaser of the product.
- Monaural Headsets. Ear buds and boom headsets that transmit mono sound through a wired connection. Length of Coverage: Limited lifetime warranty for the lifetime of ownership by the first consumer purchaser of the product.
- Products and Accessories that are Repaired or Replaced. Length of Coverage: The balance of the original warranty or for ninety (90) days from the date returned to the consumer, whichever is longer.
- MADE for Moto products are covered by their manufacturer’s warranty.
Exclusions (Products and Accessories)
Normal Wear and Tear. Periodic maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage. Batteries. Only batteries whose fully charged capacity falls below 80% of their rated capacity and batteries that leak are covered by this limited warranty.
Abuse & Misuse. Defects or damage that result from: (a) improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks, scratches, etc.) to the surface of the product resulting from misuse; (b) contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food; (c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of Motorola, are excluded from coverage.
Use of Non-Motorola Products and Accessories. Defects or damage that result from the use of non-Motorola branded or certified Products, Accessories, Software or other peripheral equipment are excluded from coverage.
Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way by someone other than Motorola, or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage.
Altered Products. Products or Accessories with (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated; (b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage.
Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products, Accessories or Software due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products Accessories or Software is excluded from coverage.
Software. Applies only to physical defects in the media that embodies the copy of the software (e.g. CD-ROM, or floppy disk).
Length of Coverage: Ninety (90) days from the date of purchase.
Software Embodied in Physical Media. No warranty is made that the software will meet your requirements or will work in combination with any hardware or software applications provided by third parties, that the operation of the software products will be uninterrupted or error free, or that all defects in the software products will be corrected.
Software NOT Embodied in Physical Media. Software that is not embodied in physical media (e.g.
software that is downloaded from the Internet), is provided “as is” and without warranty.
Who is Covered?
This warranty extends only to the first consumer purchaser, and is not transferable.
What Will Motorola Do?
Motorola, at its option, will at no charge repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any Products, Accessories or Software that does not conform to this warranty. We may use functionally equivalent reconditioned/refurbished/pre-owned or new Products, Accessories or parts. No data, software or applications added to your Product, Accessory or Software, including but not limited to personal contacts, games and ringer tones, will be reinstalled. To avoid losing such data, software, and applications, please create a back up prior to requesting service.
- What are the output specs on this charger?
- Can this charger be used on a 220volt outlet?
- Does this have a safety feature that stops charging when the device is charged 100%?
- How long is the cable?
- If I replace the short cable with a longer one (non-Moto), does it still activate turbo charge?
- Can I use this same data/charge cable for transferring photos and other data from my Motorola phone to a computer?
- Does this work with the Moto Z Droid; as in, will it charge the phone in turbo charger mode when using a USB-C cable?
- Does this charger work with Moto E?
- Is this an original Motorola charger?
- Which devices are compatible to TurboPower™ 15 Micro-USB Wall Charger?
- My device isn't charging.
- Which end of the cable do I plug into the charger?
- What if my device still has a partial charge?
- How to obtain warranty service or other information