Topic: If I replace the short cable with a longer one (non-Moto), does it still activate turbo charge?
The short answer is, it depends on the length and the quality of the cable used. The original Motorola data cable was specifically designed for this charger, so you would have to do some experimentation to find out of a different cable would work. As cable length increases, it becomes necessary for thicker gauge power conductors to compensate for voltage drop. If the thickness of the gauge power conductor is not increased enough to compensate the voltage drop, the turbo charge will not activate.
- Can this charger be used on a 220 volt outlet?
- Does this have a safety feature that stops charging when the device is charged 100%?
- How long is the cable?
- Can I use this same data/charge cable for transferring photos and other data from my Motorola phone to a computer?
- Which micro-USB wall charger is recommended to purchase? TurboPower15 or TurboPower15+?
- What is the difference between Quick Charge QC 2.0 and QC 3.0?
- How to obtain warranty service or other information
- Consumer products and accessories limited warranty